Welcome to module 4: How can you use assessment and feedback to greatest effect?
This module is divided into six sessions:
- Session 1: What makes assessment effective? (50 minutes)
- Session 2: Planning for effective assessment? (50 minutes)
- Session 3: Monitoring misconceptions (45 minutes)
- Session 4: Making feedback purposeful and manageable part 1 (55 minutes)
- Session 5: Making feedback purposeful and manageable part 2 (35 minutes)
- Session 6: Summative assessment (30 minutes)
- References for Module 4
In this module you will hear from Professor Rob Coe, Director of Research and Evaluation at Evidence Based Education and lead author on the Sutton Trust’s report ‘What Makes Great Teaching’, as he explains why assessment should be at the heart of your practice. You will also hear from other experts at Evidence Based Education as they support you to explore ways to give manageable and purposeful feedback to pupils, including how to establish meaningful peer and self-assessment. Finally, you will consider what patterns to look for in data, and what inferences it is possible to make from summative data sets.
Throughout the module there will be opportunities for you to reflect personally on your current practice and consider ways you could enhance the assessment you are already doing.
While engaging with this online content, you will also prepare for discussions with your mentor and training sessions led by your school.